From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 95 13:48:47 PST

U.C. BERKELEY
                         CS 294-6
                        Multimedia
                      Jean Paul Jacob

MULTIMEDIA, THE IDEAL COMPANION: SOUNDS GREAT, PRESENTS A GOOD IMAGE
                  AND COMMUNICATES WITH FEW WORDS.

                  Monday, January 23, 1995
                   4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
                 Soda Hall Auditorium, #306

This is the first lecture in this 2-unit multimedia course. We will
first describe the course, the enrollment, term project, etc. Every
lecture will be open to the academic/technical community. This course
takes the place of the Computer Science Multimedia seminar series
for this semester.

In this lecture we will illustrate, through the use of video-tapes,
many applications of multimedia in training, education, medicine,
kiosks, entertainment, advanced interfaces, etc. These short video-
tapes will also help us illustrate the syllabus for the course.